Director of Sales
Focus Hospitality Management is seeking to hire a Director of Sales to join our team in Tucson, Arizona.
This position is responsible for generating revenue by managing the sales function for the hotel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist General Manager in the development of the annual sales plan, monitor sales performance to plan during the year, and make adjustments to sales activities as needed in order to achieve plan targets for rooms revenue, sales department expenses, ADR, RevPAR, and guest satisfaction.
- Prepare weekly sales forecast.
- Review weekly sales results and adjust or set sales goals for future weeks.
- Conduct sales activities in support of brand promotions and marketing campaigns.
- Conduct sales administrative duties such as weekly sales activity reports, and maintaining sales files, trace files and account history.
- Conduct sales activities to maintain relationship with key accounts to maintain source of revenue and to generate incremental revenue from existing accounts.
- Promote hotel through personal involvement in community organizations and events.
- Meet with sales clients before and during sales events to ensure guest satisfaction. Contact clients after function to measure guest satisfaction and respond to any guest complaints or issues.
- Smile, acknowledge and greet guests at front desk and other public areas.
- Perform inside sales activities such as responding to telephone and in-person inquiries about hotel services, booking sales business, giving property tours, and coordinating arrangements for group events with the front desk, reservations, meeting rooms, and food and beverage.
- Provide front desk staff with monthly sales profile for hotel.
- Provide selling technique skills training to front desk.
- Participate in Manager on Duty Program
- Supervise and train sales staff, if applicable.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree, preferably in business administration, marketing or hotel management
- 2 Years’ experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Computer literacy including basic applications of MS Word, MS Excel and the ability to learn property management system.
- Obtain any locally required certification
- May be required to do moderate to light lifting or carrying
- Capable of working in fast paced environment and stressful situations.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel
- May require working a varied schedule, including nights and weekends.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Best Western Tucson International Airport Hotel and Suite
– Room Attendants
– Catering Coordinators
– Line Cooks
– Food Servers
Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall
– Front Desk-English/Spanish
We will contact you within one business day.